Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Got some free time? Put down the remote! Books are better than TV



Although I admit to watching the occasional episode of Jersey Shore or Keeping up with the Kardashians, I believe that reading is a better way to spend my free time. Reading not only widens your world view and improves your language skills but it can be widely entertaining.

If Catcher in the Rye in high school was the last novel you opened, it is best to start with material that will grab you and keep you reading. “Chick-lit”, as it is called by the literary community, will make you smile, cry and laugh out loud. I typically read 2-3 of these kinds of book a year, mostly after exams to refresh my mind with some ligh-hearted reading material. Below are some of my favorite books and series.

Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella (There are 6 books in total and I suggest reading every one of them- do not be scared off by the movie, the books are much better!)

Everyone worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger (The same author of The Devil Wears Prada, witty and charming writer)

Something Borrowed/Something Blue by Emily Giffin (This is a two part series, I would also suggest anything by this author. I nearly jump for glee when she releases a new book!)

What do you think? What are your favourite books to read in your pastime?

Sincerely Yours,

The Twenty Something 

No comments:

Post a Comment