Monday, February 14, 2011

Standing out in your cubicle!



Although I am currently a student, I am also enrolled in the co-op program at my school. So, right now I am working full time at an internship in Public Affairs- which I love! 


However, the one thing I noticed about working in an office that is not related to the fashion industry is the constant urge to be lazy and slightly unfashionable. I love to express myself through what I put on, so to me, this is extremely worrisome. To avoid this possible dive into a blah-ish work ensemble, follow these steps: 



  1. Buy work clothes that are classy and sophisticated, but tell the world a little something about your personal style. I love very girly things, so when I find a nice silk top with a bow on it to wear under a blazer or cardigan I buy it right away! 
  2. Try to plan your outfits in advance. It can be easy to get lazy when you are waking up at 7am and throw on a pair of dress pants with a standard sweater. If you have to do this, throw in a dazzling pair of earrings or a cool watch! 
  3. Always be confident in what you wear. Don't let a suit wear you! You need to walk with confidence and poise in everything you put on, this not only will exude personal style, but your co-workers will be in awe about how confident you are. 
What do you think? What are your rules for rocking your personal style? 

Sincerely yours, 

The Twenty Something 

No comments:

Post a Comment