Thursday, August 19, 2010

Totes,Totes,Totes

I, along with many other twenty-somethings, am excitedly awaiting the arrival of my first jaunt back into classes. In light of this is the topic for today- the tote bag. This bag will be your trusty side-kick for the next few months, so I suggest investing a pretty penny (or what ever your budget will allow) on a strapping new one.

So what are the kinds of things you need to think about when purchasing your new companion? The first will be what you are going to need to fit in it. Drawing from some personal experience,I have created a general list:
  • Your laptop
  • Your personal belongings (wallet, cell phone, keys, sunglasses) 
  • A few textbooks (one or two, when I have a big trip to the library I whip out my very ugly, yet super handy backpack) 
  • Your agenda
Next, you are going to have to make sure this bag can endure everything that you plan to put it through. In my case this includes rain, hail, snow, and below freezing temperatures. Buy a bag that is durable and won't be ruined if exposed to the elements.

Last but not least, you should pick something chic that will coordinate with whatever outfit you decide to wear on any given day. I would recommend a tote in a neutral color- but if you are going to go with a pattern, make sure it is based on a neutral.

Below are some stylish options: 

Top Row: Tory Burch, Marc by Marc Jacobs, DVF, Burberry 
Bottom Row: Juicy Couture, Burberry, Prada, Tods 

Sincerely Yours,
The Twenty Something

No comments:

Post a Comment